Raise your hand if you’ve ever blamed the network.
You’re responsible for the health, security, and uptime of your company’s data services in Azure. You’ve provisioned a few services, but every now and then, you run into problems making your services reachable and reliable from different users and app servers.
You want to understand:
- Your company’s cloud network topology
- How your services live in that topology
- What a private link is, and why you probably need it
- If your services are available publicly or privately (and how to tell the difference)
- Where to look if someone can’t connect
You’re ready for our latest class, Fundamentals of Azure Networking for the Data Professional. It’s taught by Drew Furgiuele, former Senior Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft, and now a Senior Solutions Architect at Databricks. You might recognize him from his popular Fundamentals of PowerShell class, too!
To celebrate the launch this month, use coupon code CheckTheDNS for 50% off the $89 price. If you can block out time on your calendar, one module of the class will be free each weekday:
- July 12: Networking 101: VNets, Subnets, CIDR Blocks
- July 13: Demo: Creating a Virtual Network
- July 14: Security, Limiting Access, Private Links
- July 17: Demo: Using Virtual Networks for Data Services
- July 18: Demo: Private Networks Without Public Access
- July 19: Demo: Multiple Private Networks
- July 20: Demo: Network Security Groups
- July 21: Extending Networks to Azure with VPNs
- July 24: Demo: Working With a VPN
- July 25: Hub and Spoke vs Mesh Design Patterns
- July 26: Microsoft-Managed Virtual Networks
- July 27: Demo: Azure Data Factory Networking
- July 28: Recap and Resources
Block out some time per weekday on your calendar now because on each weekday in July, a different video will be live – but just for one day only! You gotta keep up if you wanna learn for free. (I’ll be making the videos public manually, so it won’t be at an exact time – just rest assured that if you log in at the same time every day, you’ll always have a fresh video to watch. If you log in at different times each day, well … you might not. Sorry about that.)
It’s also part of my Recorded Class Season Pass: Fundamentals for $395. Folks who already have the RCSP or one of my big bundles can hop into their account and start learning immediately.