Every year, we run a Data Professional Salary Survey here. Thousands of y’all have answered – here are the past results in Excel – and it helps everybody get a better idea of how overpaid they are. (Did I word that right?)
Here are the questions I’m planning to ask this year:
- What’s your total salary in US dollars, annual before taxes?
- Your country
- (Optional) Postal/zip code
- Primary database you work with
- Years that you’ve worked with this database
- Other databases you worked with in 2019
- Job type: (FTE, FTE of consulting/contracting company, independent, part time)
- Job title
- (Optional) Other job duties
- Do you manage other staff
- Years of doing this job
- At how many companies have you held this job?
- How many other people on your team do the same job as you?
- How many database servers does your team work with?
- What’s the newest version of SQL Server you have in production?
- What’s the oldest version of SQL Server you have in production?
- Highest level of higher eduction completed
- If you have a college degree, is it computer-related?
- Do you hold industry certifications?
- How many days per week do you work from home?
- What is the population of the largest city within 20 miles of where you work?
- Employer sector (private, government, non-profit, etc.)
- What are your career plans for the year 2020?
- To which gender do you most identify?
If there’s any changes you want to make, leave a comment and we’ll talk through it.