You work at a charity or non-profit, helping them make a difference with data.
Maybe you write reports to help fundraisers do a better job of raising money to find a cure for a disease. Or maybe you’re a developer at a non-government organization whose mission is to speak for those who can’t speak for themselves. Or maybe you’re a sysadmin who’s been stuck managing vital databases, but your non-profit is already stretched to the limit and can’t afford training.
That’s where we come in. We wanna help.
Every year, we offer scholarships to dozens of people just like you. We want to empower you to continue making a difference. Our scholarship program is simple: recipients get a Live Class Season Pass with access to all of Brent & Erik’s training classes, both live and recorded, during 2019, plus SQL ConstantCare® mentoring.
To give you an idea of the kinds of organizations we’ve supported:
- Mercy Corps – at work right now in Puerto Rico.
- International Justice Mission – a global organization that protects the poor from violence in the developing world.
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation – 400 children are infected with HIV every day. I don’t know how to type those words without crying and taking a break from the keyboard.
- Mencap – improving the lives of UK people with a learning disability
The fine print:
- You must work for a foundation, non-profit, charity, or similar company that’s doing good work. It can totally be a for-profit company, just as long as they’re making a difference. (If you work for Ginormous Profitable Global Corporation, you’re probably not going to make the cut.)
- Your company or government rules must allow you to receive free training. (Some companies prohibit their employees from accepting gifts.)
- You must already have a job working with SQL Server. (This isn’t about getting a new job.)
Apply here. Applications close October 31st.
Update Oct 31: Applications are now closed. We’ll email the applicants this week. Thanks!