This week, we’re sharing Instant Replay videos from our training classes. Today’s Instant Replay is Edwin Sarmiento talking about how he approaches applying service packs and cumulative updates on Always On Availability Groups:
That video is part of the Instant Replay recordings of Edwin’s extensive live 3-day Senior DBA’s Guide to Always On Availability Groups.
The student reviews are awesome.
This class is fantastic. There is no filler, and no needless repetition, so be prepared to pay attention the entire duration. Edwin clearly is very passionate about his craft and does an incredible job of sharing his knowledge. Great balance of theory and application. I went through 4 glitter pens taking notes. A+ – Jordan
It can be tough to hold folks’ attention for 3 days straight on this much material, but attendees agree:
The detail and pace were fantastic! Edwin’s energy and knowledge ensured a captive audience as evidenced by the level of engagement in the channel – which I also found extremely useful for asking questions or just looking for clarification. Overall, an A+ training session – I’m ready to build my first multi-site AG solution! – Chris
Here’s what you’ll learn.
In this live 3-day class, attendees will learn:
- Fundamentals of Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) – the underlying platform that makes SQL Server Always On Availability Group possible – from the external dependencies like Active Directory and DNS to quorum and cluster configuration
- Designing and implementing a Windows Server Failover Cluster to meet both high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- Designing and implementing common topologies of SQL Server Always On Availability Group solutions for a single- or multi-data center deployments
- Leveraging additional SQL Server Always On Availability Group capabilities such as readable secondary replicas, backup preferences, distributed availability groups and basic availability groups
- Managing and monitoring SQL Server Always On Availability Group implementations
- Effective troubleshooting of availability issues for both the Windows Server Failover Cluster and the SQL Server Always On Availability Group
Save 50% this week only on Edwin’s next class, September 4-6. Register now.