So I went and switched to using Mozilla as my main browser, and now I’ve discovered that my own site doesn’t render in Mozilla unless you also happen to have Netscape installed. Evidently Mozilla 1.1 won’t display gifs correctly on its own. I converted my gifs over to png format instead, which seems to work fine, and I should have done it a long time ago anyway.
I just can’t get into .NET. I had to start a new project this week, and once again, I came to the conclusion that with the limited time available, I’d be better off knocking it out in plain old ASP. There just aren’t enough advantages yet for ‘normal’ sites to use aspx – a lot of the cool 3rd party extensions don’t work, so you end up writing your own solutions and it takes longer. Maybe in a few months things will be different.