How to Tune Indexes and Speed Up SQL Server
- Instructor(s): Kendra Little
- Length: 6.5 hours
- Cost: $299
You want to become an expert at index tuning, but you can’t find a good start-to-finish training course. Kendra Little teaches you the basics, the gotchas, and the tricks of SQL Server indexing in 6+ hours of training. You’ll get sql scripts to dive into index tuning examples as you watch the videos.
You’ll use interactive quizzes to test your knowledge as you learn:
- How to create, analyze, and understand clustered and nonclustered indexes
- When to use index includes, filtered indexes, and other special structures to speed up your queries.
- How to use free tools to find hidden columns in your indexes
- How to tune a workload using the SQL Server Dynamic Management Views
- How to avoid common indexing anti-patterns that drag down your database server
- How to find critical index changes in the Execution Plan Cache
- How you can use data to prove that your changes improved performance
You can watch it for 18 months on your desktop, laptop, iPad, or iPhone. Buy it now for $299!
The SQL Server index types/related concepts covered in this training are:
- Clustered indexes
- Nonclustered indexes
- Included columns in Nonclustered Indexes
- Primary Keys
- Filtered Indexes
- Indexed Computed Columns
Downloadable demo scripts are compatible with the SQL Server 2012 AdventureWorks database and can be used on your own copy of SQL Server 2012.
- Length: 7 hours
- Cost: $299
- How to use powerful scripts to identify which queries are killing your server
- What parts of the database server are holding you back
- How to tackle indexing improvements
- How to identify query anti-patterns.