Jes Schultz Borland’s Resume
Microsoft Certified Professional, SQL Server 2012 Database Administration
Microsoft MVP, SQL Server
I want to find the best solution to the business’s problems. I love exploring and telling stories with data. I’m passionate about teaching others.
2012 – NOW: BRENT OZAR UNLIMITED
SQL Server special forces. I parachute in, diagnose issues, and give recommendations to get systems back to top performance.
- Find and fix the biggest pain points on SQL Server instances, while teaching the client how to troubleshoot and diagnose future issues. I foster a collaborative, inspiring environment.
- Train database professionals on topics ranging from indexing to writing reports.
- Speak and write about SQL Server topics from memory usage to automation, sharing my knowledge with others.
2011 –2012: Blue Door Consulting
I worked on a team of marketing rock stars to implement solutions for clients.
- Designing scalable database solutions for a wide range of clients.
- Programming MySQL and SQL Server databases.
- Website programming with PHP and ASP.NET.
- Implementing social media analysis and measurement tools.
2010 –2011: Kimberly Clark
I honed my DBA skills to a razor edge in a large, complex environment.
- Administering over 600 SQL Server instances, with over 6,000 user databases up to 1.2 TB in size. Install SQL Server, create databases, maintain maintenance jobs, and create and maintain documentation for team processes.
- Creating and maintaining scripts for monitoring and development purposes.
- Performance tuning applications and servers through baselines, DMVs, and traces. Propose fixes including indexes, code re-writes and hardware upgrades.
- Work with application teams to identify needs for new applications, build the environment, secure, and test.
Decision Support Technician
2008 –2010: Adventures in Advertising
I led the company’s Business Intelligence initiative while carefully safeguarding the business data.
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008– backups, SQL Server Agent job creation and maintenance, troubleshooting real-time performance problems and proactive performance tuning.
- Coding T-SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Leading business intelligence initiatives in the organization, including designing and maintaining reports and dashboards.
IT Support Technician
2004 –2008: Adventures in Advertising
I cut my teeth on systems administration, networking, testing, documenting, training, and reporting.
- Test and document new software releases using agile project management. Create software requirement specifications, use cases and test cases
- Create and document custom reports in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Develop documentation for setup and troubleshooting processes.