Skip to Content
Jeremiah Peschka’s Resume
5 Things I’ve Done for Other Companies That I Can Do for You
- Designed fast, reliable, multi-datacenter replication solutions.
- Reliably improve database performance by examining hardware, software, and storage configuration.
- Provide consulting around scale up and scale out database solutions.
- Design and deliver custom training.
- Tune T-SQL to increase application performance and concurrency.
4 Things I Do All the Time, Just for Fun
- Deliver presentations for user groups and conferences on a variety of database and storage topics.
- Conduct webcasts on SQL Server.
- Evaluate alternate databases to augment SQL Server’s capabilities.
- Develop CorrugatedIron – an open source library for communication with the distributed key/value database Riak.
3 Areas of Expertise
- SQL Server development and performance tuning.
- Multi-tenant database design, scalability, and administration.
- Architecture and design of scalable solutions based on SQL Server.
Founder/Owner, Brent Ozar PLF, 2011 – Current
- Help companies build fast, reliable, solutions using SQL Server
- Analyze and tune SQL Server for various workloads.
- Recommend hardware, configuration, and architectural changes to improve SQL Server performance.
- Deliver presentations about SQL Server at local, regional, and national conferences.
Emerging Technology Expert, Quest Software, 2010 – 2011
- Developed strategy around Quest’s NoSQL and cloud computing products.
- Editor-in-Chief of NoSQLPedia.com
- Delivered presentations about cloud computing, NoSQL, and new developments in databases.
- Work with customers and community members on beta software.
Senior DBA, Cass Information Systems, 2009 – 2010
- Designed, developed, and implemented multi-tenant database applications.
- Created database design and development standards and review processes.
- Researched and designed proof of concept data storage applications for non-relational data.
- SQL Server performance tuning – many queries and reports were made to run between 5 and 500 times faster.
Senior Consultant, HMB Information System Developers, 2006 – 2009
- Developed and delivered training material for employees and clients.
- Designed, developed, and implemented high performance data driven applications using SQL Server and C#.
- Provided database architecture, design, and development best practices and recommendations.
Developer, CareWorks Technologies, 2005 – 2006
- Designed, developed, and implemented software applications for clients.
- Led a team of software developers to design and build an application to support project managers and provide business intelligence based on project data.
- Worked with end users to define software requirements and build design documents.
Consultant, Quick Solutions, 2004 – 2005
- Performed software development, systems analysis, design and implementation.
- Migrated multiple Access applications to rich internet applications.
- Designed and developed features for custom CRM applications.
Software Engineer, Qwest Communications, 2000 – 2004
- Application administration for 24/7 FCC mandated software
- Designed, developed, and implemented custom software for the daily support and maintenance of mission critical software and servers.