If you became a database administrator by rising through the ranks of software developers, you probably haven’t built your own servers from the ground up. That’s totally okay – but you’re missing some important information that will make you a better database administrator. In this 20-minute session, Brent Ozar will help you get started exploring your hardware using tools like HP System Insight Manager, Dell OpenManage, and IBM Director. He’ll explain what you’re looking at – and when you should raise an alarm because something’s not quite right.
Our Next Classes:
Chicago in May
We've expanded our classes for 2015 and we're introducing longer in-depth classes: Advanced Querying and Indexing and SQL Server Performance Troubleshooting.
Contact the Brent Ozar
team online or call:
It won't hurt.
SQL Server Training
- In-Person Training Classes:
- Make SQL Apps Faster
Nov 2014, Seattle
- Advanced Querying and Indexing
- The Senior DBA Class of 2015
- SQL Server Performance Troubleshooting
- Online Video Classes:
- Execution Plans
- DBA Interview Question and Answer Kit
- Developer's Guide to SQL Performance
- How to Tune Indexes
- Introduction to Internals
- SQL Server on VMware and SANs