The PASS Virtualization Virtual Chapter members sent me in a list of questions, and I covered ‘em in this webcast. Questions included:
- How do I get my virtual servers to run as fast as my physical ones?
- Is there a way to leverage VMware caching to improve performance?
- Should we cluster our virtual SQL Servers or use VMware HA?
- Why do VMware snapshots make my database mirrors fail over?
- Is disk and index fragmentation an issue in virtual servers?
- Will any cloud services let me bring my own virtual machine?
- How should we configure VMs to prepare them for SQL Server?
- How is multipathing configured?
- Should we set CPU reservations like we do memory reservations?
- Where do I start learning VMware?
The answers are all in this one-hour video, plus a couple dozen more questions asked by the live audience: