Whether you’re a developer or a DBA, you’re probably frustrated with query performance. Why is the app running slow? Why does query performance vary so much? Why can’t your queries run consistently fast?
You’ll learn the tricks of performance tuning in this three-hour session as Brent covers:
- How to find the worst queries on the server in 60 seconds
- What statistics are and how to tell if they’re causing problems
- How to think like the engine and build your own execution plan
- Why filters are cheap and sorts are expensive
- When you should throw indexes at the problem, and exactly when to stop
- Why temp tables might be the fastest way to fix many problems
- How to identify parameter sniffing problems and fix ‘em for good
This session is for developers and DBAs with 1-4 years of experience who are comfortable writing queries and adding indexes, but aren’t happy with the results they’re getting.
Want to Watch the Whole Thing?
Here’s your options:
Join me in a live webcast for $249 Buy the video right now for $149
- Leave a comment below. I’ll draw two random winners tomorrow (Tuesday 5/15) at 11am Eastern, announce their names on our Tuesday webcast, and give them free access to both the webcast and the video. One entry per person – US residency not required. Update – the contest is closed. We felt generous and gave away four complete packages to Andrew, Dustin Laine, Randy Jaye, and Yu Chen. Congrats, and if you didn’t win – hey, you can always buy in.