BarCamp is coming to Miami in February! BarCamp is a relaxed gathering of geek evangelists: there are no spectators, only participants. These are people who are passionate about what they do, and about sharing it with the rest of the community.
It’s going to be at the University of Miami, sponsored by their School of Communications, during the week of February 12th. The exact date isn’t nailed down yet, but you can help be a part of the event creation. Email alex [at] webpl [dot] us to get involved.
A few links:
- BarCamp Miami Blog
- BarCamp Miami Wiki
- Upcoming.org’s event – if you’re coming, sign up at Upcoming.
- Google Group discussion – go there if you want to help out with event coordination, t-shirts, sponsors, etc
- BarCamp home site – general info about BarCamps like the Rules of BarCamp, photos and logs from past BarCamps
As a guy with a geeky blog, I will of course be there, and that means I gotta figure out what I would present. Off the top of my head, I could do:
- Time management with GTD, Remember The Milk
- Database Administration 101 (how to manage a SQL Server in one hour per week)
- Switching from Windows to Mac
I’m open to ideas, though. I’ll bounce it off my coworkers and see what comes up.
Update: the date is now set as Saturday, February 21.